NVQs are primarily for those students wishing to work full time within the beauty or hairdressing industry and fall into the following categories:
- Leaving school age 16 – post GCSE
- Leaving school age 17 – post AS levels
- Leaving school age 18 – post A levels
For these students, we recommend a full time commitment of study. Beauty requires two years, hairdressing requires a minimum of one year.
- Age 19 and over wishing to return to study
For these students, NVQs may be studied on a part time basis by selecting individual units, clustering units and/or studying a full qualification at level 2 and/or 3.
Full time NVQ courses commence September of each year.
Part time NVQ courses commence September and March of each year.
Why choose Burghley for NVQs?
- Burghley Academy is run by Tina Parsons who is one of the most respected people in the hair and beauty world*
- Small class sizes – maximum of six students per group
- Ongoing career advice from within the industry including CV building, application support, interview skills and trade testing
- Extensive practical experience working with real clients in a real salon
- Guaranteed work experience for full time students
- Flexible training for part time students with days and times to suit where possible
- No set finish dates so that students are free to work at their own pace
- Professional product training.