National Vocational Qualifications in Beauty Therapy and Hairdressing
NVQs are primarily for those students wishing to work full time within the beauty or hairdressing industry and fall into the following categories:
- Leaving school age 16 – post GCSE
- Leaving school age 17 – post AS levels
- Leaving school age 18 – post A levels
For these students, we recommend a full time commitment of study. Beauty requires two years, hairdressing requires a minimum of one year.
- Age 19 and over wishing to return to study
For these students, NVQs may be studied on a part time basis by selecting individual units, clustering units and/or studying a full qualification at level 2 and/or 3.
Full time NVQ courses commence September of each year.
Part time NVQ courses commence September and March of each year.
Why choose Burghley for NVQs?
- Burghley Academy is run by Tina Parsons who is one of the most respected people in the hair and beauty world*
- Small class sizes – maximum of six students per group
- Ongoing career advice from within the industry including CV building, application support, interview skills and trade testing
- Extensive practical experience working with real clients in a real salon
- Guaranteed work experience for full time students
- Flexible training for part time students with days and times to suit where possible
- No set finish dates so that students are free to work at their own pace
- Professional product training.
* Alan Goldsbro CEO, Habia – the industry authority for hair ,beauty, nails and spa.